For a full list of the contents of all published Hebridean Naturalists see this useful document compiled by the Outer Hebrides Biological Recording Group www.ohbrbiblio.org.uk
The date has been set for the 2017 Curracag AGM
Wednesday 8 February 2017, 7.30pm
Dark Island Hotel, Liniclate, Benbecula
The AGM will be an opportunity for members (new and old) to learn about the plans for the future and participate in the discussion. If you have any items/issues that you would like to see discussed at the meeting please email Chris Johnson the Curracag Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added to the agenda.
New and lapsed members are equally welcome to come along and join/renew on the evening. If you are a current member and have not yet changed your standing order to cover the full amount of the new membership fee you can also come along and pay the top-up amount.
Please come along and help us make the islands’ natural history thrive.
Hope to see you there!
We now have the facility to receive membership fees by Direct Debit
If you would like to set up a direct debit to pay your annual membership please use this link: https://pay.gocardless.com/AL0000P80XW0HP
Please address all membership queries to to: email@example.com
2017 Membership Fees:
- Ordinary £10.00
- Family £15
- Senior/Student/Under 18 £7.00
There are a number of back issues of the society journal Hebridean Naturalist.
Copies can be purchased in the society’s online shop at: http://curracag.ecwid.com
Issues available are:-
- Volume 9 – published 1987 – low stock
- Volume 10 – published 1990 – low stock
- Volume 11 – published 1993
- Volume 12 – published 1994
- Volume 13 – published 2000
- Volume 14 – published 2004 – low stock – St. Kilda special
- Volume 15 – published 2006
For a full list of the contents of all published Hebridean Naturalist see this useful PDF document compiled by the Outer Hebrides Biological Recording Group www.ohbrbiblio.org.uk/sites/default/files/HD.pdf
All copies are £5 each, this includes post and packing
There is a special offer of a 20% discount if you buy three back issues
We previously had two pages on Facebook – one for Curracag Uist and one for the Lewis and Harris branch. The committee have decided to streamline things a little so that it is less complicated. So, as from today we have started up a Curracag group. The group is public and anyone can see the posts. If you would like to share your Outer Hebrides nature/wildlife photos and sightings or need help with identification you will need to click on join.
The link for the new group is:- www.facebook.com/groups/CurracagGroup
Join Curracag or renew your membership online.
To join and pay by Direct Debit please sign up with your name, address and bank details (please note that for security purposes we have no access to your bank details!). After signing up for the Direct Debit the membership secretary will contact you to confirm which membership category you would like to join.
The link to join and pay by Direct Debit is: https://pay.gocardless.com/AL0000P80XW0HP
Joining with Direct Debit means that your membership will automatically renew annually.
If you prefer not to shop online for either membership or Hebridean Naturalists we are happy to receive your order by post along with a cheque made payable to “Curracag.” Send to The Membership Secretary, Suthainn, Askernish, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5SY and be sure to include your name, address and order details.
Hebridean Naturalist and Supplement
Here in the shop we also have the latest issue of Hebridean Naturalist available to purchase (issued free to members!). We also have a selection of back issues. The recently published Heb Nat Supplement 1 – The Flora of St. Kilda is now in the shop – note, if you are a Curracag member you are eligible for a £3 discount on this publication.
Outer Hebrides Biological Recording (OHBR): www.ohbr.org.uk
- Scotland Headquarters, Dunedin House, 25 Ravelston Terrace, Edinburgh EH4 3TP, 01313 116500, www.rspb.org.uk/scotland
- North Scotland Regional Office, Etive House, Beechwood Park, Inverness IV2 3BW, 01463 715000
- Jamie Boyle, Uist Reserves Manager, 9 Grenitote, Isle of North Uist HS6 5BP, 01876 560287, Jamie.Boyle@rspb.org.uk
- Regional Representative for Lewis & Harris: Chris Reynolds, 11 Reef, Isle of Lewis HS2 9HU, 01851 672376, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Representative for Benbecula & the Uists: Yvonne Benting, Suthainn, Askernish, Isle of South Uist HS8 5SY, 07501 332803, email@example.com
- Head Office: The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 2PU, 01842 750050 (Fax 01842 750030), www.bto.org
- BirdTrack: www.bto.org/volunteer-surveys/birdtrack/bird-recording
- BTO Scotland: School of Biological and Environmental Sciences Cottrell Building, University of Stirling, Stirling FK9 4LA, 01786 466560 (Fax 01786 466561)
Local Bird Sightings and County Bird Recorder www.outerhebridesbirds.org.uk
Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH): 32-34 Francis Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis HS1 2ND, 01851 705258 (Fax 01851 704900) and 135 Stilligarry, Isle of South Uist HS8 5RS, 01870 620238 (Fax 01870 620350), www.snh.gov.uk
Scottish Raptor Monitoring Officer (raptors, owls & ravens): RSPB, North Scotland Reginal Office, Etive House, Beechwood Park, Inverness IV2 3BW
Scottish Ornithologists’ Club (SOC): Waterston House, Aberlady, East Lothian EH32 0PY, 01875 871330 (Fax 01875 871035), www.the-soc.org.uk
Highland Foundation for Wildlife: www.roydennis.org
Curracag have a Facebook Group which has information about latest wildlife sightings around the Western Isles. The group is also great for news about events discussion and/or help on identification. The information posted is accessible to all and if you would like to post you can join the group easily.
The group can be found at Curracag Facebook Group